Super Seeded Bread is a Thermomix multigrain bread loaf so soft and fluffy! It’s a fantastic everyday bread.
The recipe makes a large loaf – you will need a 900g bread tin, or two smaller tins.
You can use any mix of seeds, just stick to the 150g combined weight of them.
Super Seeded Bread
A fantastic, soft and fluffy loaf perfect for everyday!
Servings: 1 loaf
- 200 g wheat grain Note 1
- 400 g water lukewarm
- 3 tsp dried yeast
- 450 g bakers flour
- 150 g seeds of your choice (For the loaf pictured I used 50g linseeds, 30g buckwheat, 30g sunflower seeds, 20g pepitas, 20g black sesame seeds)
- 30 g olive oil
- 10 g honey Note 2
- 2 teaspoons natural bread improver Note 3
- 2 tsp salt
Place wheat grain in mixer bowl. Mill 2 minutes/speed 9/MC on. Remove from bowl, set aside.
Add (in this order) water, yeast, flour, seeds, oil, honey, bread improver and salt. KNEAD/6 minutes/MC on.
Transfer dough to either a silicon bread mat or a large oiled bowl. Either wrap in the mat or cover the bowl with glad wrap and leave in a warm place to double in size.
When dough has doubled in size, knock all air out of it and shape into a loaf. Transfer dough to bread tin, spray the top with water from a spray bottle (this assists with a crunchy crust) and if you would like seeds on top, sprinkle them on now. Cover the top of your bread tin and leave to double in size again.
When dough has doubled in size, the bread is ready to cook. Spray the surface with water again then place the bread tin into your oven - do not preheat oven when making bread, heating the oven with the bread in it gives one last quick rise. Turn oven on to 200°C and cook for 30 minutes from the time you close the oven door.
When cooked, turn bread out onto a cooling rack immediately. Try to resist cutting until completely cool.
1. If you can't get wheat grain, replace with wholemeal flour and skip Step 1, simply add with all other ingredients.
2. VEGAN: Replace honey with sugar.
3. Bread improver is not essential in bread making, but it does help produce a very nice loaf of bread that will stay fresh for longer. You can find natural ones in health food stores and at specialty bread shops, I recommend these over the ones you can get at the supermarket, which are loaded with nasties. The brands I recommend, are Simply No Knead, All About Bread and Demeter Farm Mills.
Serving: 1loaf | Calories: 3532kcal | Carbohydrates: 554g | Protein: 115g | Fat: 105g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 4748mg | Potassium: 2771mg | Fiber: 84g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 541mg | Iron: 37mg
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
Please rate it and leave feedback in the comments section below, or mention @Thermobexta or tag #Thermobexta on Instagram.