This hidden vegetable sauce recipe for the Thermomix is a simple sauce that’s super versatile.
Having hidden veg makes it perfect for fussy children, or anyone really! Great to spread onto a pizza base or scrolls, or stir through pasta for some extra goodness.
This recipe also appears in my cookbook, Main Meals Made Easy, which you can check out here
Thermobexta’s Very Veggie Pizza/Pasta Sauce
- 1 red onion quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 g extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g tin tomatoes
- 120 g carrot roughly chopped
- 100 g red capsicum roughly chopped
- 80 g celery stalk cut into pieces
- 50 g zucchini or broccoli
- 1/2 tsp Herbamare *see below recipe if you don’t know what this is or 5-10g vegetable stock paste
- 1 tsp honey
- Place onion, garlic and oil in mixer bowl. Chop 3 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down bowl then saute 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add tomatoes, carrot, capsicum, celery, zucchini, herbamare and honey. Chop 6 seconds/speed 6/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Cook 15 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 2/MC off, basket on top of lid to prevent splatters.
- Blitz 20 seconds/speed 8/MC on.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.