These are a really delicious side dish that you can whip up in mere minutes then cook in the oven while you prepare a couple of salads to go with them to make a meal. Or simply serve them with sour cream and chilli sauce for a treat!
2 tsp dried onion flakes
2 tsp mild paprika
1 1/2 tsp dried garlic granules
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp oregano
3/4 tsp Himalayan salt
2 pinches of chilli powder (more if you like spicy!)
800g-1kg brushed potatoes, scrubbed, cut into 1.5cm x 3cm x 4-5cm long wedges
40g extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
2. Place onion flakes, paprika, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt and chilli powder in mixer bowl. Mill for 20 seconds/speed 8/MC on.
3. Add potatoes and oil. Mix for 20 seconds/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
4. Transfer to the lined tray, ensuring you scrape any of the spices left in the bowl onto the potatoes. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, turning once after around 15 minutes.
– To make this even quicker to get in the oven, increase all ingredients by 10x (excluding the potatoes and olive oil). Increase time at step 2 to 40 seconds. Store in an air tight jar in the pantry. Use 2tbs per batch of wedges.
– Originally I made this recipe with 1 tsp of salt, which we really liked, but I think it may be a little too salty for some. If you like your food on the salty side, use 1 tsp instead of 3/4.