These Thermomix Wedges are a really delicious side dish! So much so, I just had to include them in my cookbook, Summer Meal Mix Up.
Whip them up in thermie in mere minutes, then cook in the oven while you prepare a couple of salads or other bits and pieces to go with them to make a meal.
They also go great alongside burgers, grilled protein, or as part of a Mexican feast!
Or… simply serve them with sour cream and chilli sauce for a treat! Hey, some weeks need to end with wedges for dinner, don’t they? It can’t just be me…
The Perfect Thermomix Wedges
Here I’ve created the perfect balance of spices to make them super-duper tasty, yet mild so the kids love them just as much as the adults!
Honestly, these Thermomix Wedges are absolutely awesome. They’re a big favourite amongst Bexta’s!
To Make These Fab Morsels…
Like I said, these are really simple to make!
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C. Line a tray with baking paper.
2. Place spices in thermie. Mill. You’ll need:
Dried onion flakes
Chilli powder (optional)
3. Add potatoes and oil. Mix.
Side Dish Central
For a really awesome collection of side dishes, I have a whole book dedicated to them. It will see you upping your sides game from so-so to so super! Check out Super Sides Made Easy here. Oh and here’s one of the most popular recipes in it!
Let me know how you serve up these Fab Thermomix Wedges
My kids would eat these everyday if they could, I’m always looking for new ways to serve them. Leave a comment letting me know how you serve them!
Best Ever Thermomix Potato Wedges
These Wedges have been one of the most popular recipes on my site for years now and for good reason! The perfect side dish, or main if you like 😉
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes
- 2 tsp mild paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dried garlic granules
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 pinches chilli powder more if you like spicy!
- 800g-1kg brushed potatoes 1.5cm x 3cm x 4-5cm long wedges
- 40 g olive oil
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large tray with baking paper.
Place onion flakes, paprika, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt and chilli powder in mixer bowl. Mill 20 seconds/speed 8/MC on.
Add potatoes and oil. Mix 20 seconds/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
Transfer to the lined tray, scraping any spices left in the bowl onto the potatoes. Bake for 30-45 minutes, turning once after about 20 minutes.
1. To get this into the oven even quicker, increase all ingredients by 10x (excluding the potatoes and olive oil). Increase time at step 2 to 40 seconds. Store in an air tight jar in the pantry. Use 2tbs per batch of wedges.
2. Originally I made this recipe with 1 tsp of salt, which we really liked, but I think it may be a little too salty for some. If you like your food on the salty side, use 1 tsp instead of 3/4.
3. This recipe also appears in my cookbook, Summer Meal Mix Up.
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 306mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 476IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2mg
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
Please rate it and leave feedback in the comments section below, or mention @Thermobexta or tag #Thermobexta on Instagram.