Apple Tea Cake is easy to whip up in the Thermomix then bake in the oven. My expert taste testers (ie. my family) tell me that this is the best cake I’ve created. Since my Cinnamon Crumble Cake recipe went viral, that’s really saying something!
This is a moist cake, with little chunks of apple in every bite and just the right amount of cinnamon. If you are dairy free, coconut oil will work well in place of the butter.
Apple Tea Cake
- 50 g rolled oats or steel cut oats
- 80 g sugar rapadura or coconut sugar are the best in this
- 2 large green apples cored, quartered (275g useable weight)
- 100 g unbleached white spelt flour
- 80 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon yes, that 2 tablespoons, trust me
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- large pinch salt
- 350 g coconut cream
- 60 g butter or vegan spread
- 3 eggs
- 20 g butter or vegan spread
- 1.5-2 tbs cinnamon sugar
For the Cake
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line the base and grease the sides of a round spring form tin.
- Place oats and sugar in mixer bowl. Mill 20 seconds/speed 9/MC on. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Place apples in mixer bowl. Chop 6 seconds/speed 4/MC on. Remove from bowl and set aside (a different bowl to the oat/sugar mixture).
- Into mixer bowl, place the oat mixture, flours, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla, salt, coconut cream, butter and eggs. Beat 20 seconds/speed 5/MC on.
- Add apples. Combine 10 seconds/reverse/speed 4/MC on.
- Transfer cake mixture to the prepared tin. Bake for 30 minutes. After this time, cover the cake with a piece of aluminium foil then cook for a further 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
For the Topping
- As soon as you remove the cake from the oven, melt butter in thermal mixer 1 minute/60/speed 1/MC on.
- Remove the sides of the springform tin (leave the base on for now). Brush the top of the cake with the melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Leave to cool completely before removing the base of the tin.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone