Amy
    Amy

I made these but the mixture hadn’t thickened enough for me to roll into balls in the time that I had spare, so i did it as a layer in the bottom of a tray, threw some gnocchi balls over it then a pasta sauce and cheese. Cooked it up and nom nom nom, so delicious! My 5 y/o loved it and my husband is cursing me out as he has gone back for spoonfuls 4 times since having dinner (and he ate seconds at dinner too!). I think he likes it 😉 Thanks so much for the recipe, it… Read more »

Lisa
    Lisa

My bub has egg allergies. Have u made with no egg or a egg sub before. If so what do u suggest please

kclay1969

Hi Bex…I’d like to make these however I don’t have the Thermomix original (I have a Thermo Chef) so can you tell me what Varoma is please?

kclay1969

Hi..I’d like to make these but I have a Thermo Chef rather than a Thermomix and not sure when you say Varoma?? Help please

Bek
    Bek

Another note from me to add that I had to leave the mixture overnight in the fridge as something came up and I couldn’t make them that night. I made into balls and cooked them the next day around lunchtime and they were terrific. Don’t stress if you can’t make them into balls straight away.

Bek
    Bek

Bec, you’re an absolute GENIUS! This recipe makes my mouth so happy. I think my whole body smiled with each bite of these Vege meatballs. My partner announced that these were “OMFG GOOD”. So yum.

I used crumbled firm tofu to make it dairy free. I made 42 decent sized vegeballs and I reckon that the sauce makes enough for ten serves!

If you’re interested in calories, I worked out that the recipe as it is works out at 81 cal each ball (for 42 balls) and the sauce (10 servings) is 72 cal each serve.

De-lish.

alice
    alice

can these be frozen?

Bek
    Bek
    Reply to  alice

I have frozen these balls and sauce (separately) and they freeze and defrost just perfectly.

Shona
    Shona

Oh my goodness these were awesome. I had four starving twenty one year old boys for dinner and they couldn’t eat them quickly enough. This will be a firm favourite in our house. Thanks so much for this recipe!!

Amanda
    Amanda

These are so so good Bec!!! thanks so much.. great for the baby to munch on and enjoyed in school lunch boxes the next day.. delicious!!!!

Dan
    Dan

OMG these have gone straight to our staple list Bec! One of those dishes that gets better the second time round too… We had some spare coconut cream left to use up (about 100mL) and threw it in the reheated sauce. Splashed over some vego meatballs and sweet potato zoodles and this was divine! You rock