This is a thermal-mixed version of a soup that reminds me of my childhood. I’ve always loved mushrooms and my mum has been making this soup for as long as I can remember.
200g onion, peeled and quartered
3 cloves of garlic, peeled
20g extra virgin olive oil
1 large potato, peeled and cut into pieces
1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into pieces
500g mushrooms, halved
1 heaped tbs vegetable stock concentrate
150g cream (or coconut cream)
1 tsp cracked black pepper
salt, to taste
1. Place onion, garlic and oil in mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down sides of the bowl then saute for 5 minutes/steaming temp/speed 1/MC off.
2. Add potato and carrot. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on.
3. Add mushrooms – the bowl will be quite full. Chop for 1 minute/speed 5/MC on, using your Thermomix spatula to assist.
4. Add water and stock. Cook for 20 minutes/100/speed 2/MC on.
5. Add pepper and cream. Combine for 5 seconds/speed 3/MC on.
6. Taste and if needed, season with salt and more pepper and combine.
7. Serve with a swirl of cream and some finely diced fresh chilli and spring onion.