This Golden Egg Curry recipe for the Thermomix is a quick one to make and just bursting with flavour! It’s a mild curry, with a good dose of fresh turmeric, which gives it a bright colour and lovely flavour.
About ten years ago, my brother-in-law made the first egg curry I ever tried. He’s a fantastic cook so I was keen to taste it… even though the thought of eggs in a curry was something I’d never considered prior to that moment. It seemed strange but at the same time I imagined it was going to be good. After all, I love eggs and I love curries!
From the first mouthful I was hooked! I have asked him since if he’ll make it again, but he wings it in the kitchen and tells me he’d never be able to make it the same again.
Never mind, I created this deliciousness! Golden Egg Curry for the Thermomix. Aptly named, as the eggs turn golden in colour, thanks to the inclusion of fresh turmeric in the curry sauce.
If you’re reading through this and not sure if an egg curry is your thing, just trust me. It might just become your favourite curry! I promise, it’s really very good.
The ingredients are mostly available at your local supermarket. Dried curry leaves and black mustard seeds don’t seem to be as readily available. Don’t worry, though, your local Indian grocer is sure to carry both.
Like with most Indian-inspired curries, this one goes great with rice, or cauliflower rice. Also if you’re after a wicked flatbread recipe for dipping in the sauce, the Fast Flatbreads in Super Sides Made Easy are perfect!
Golden Egg Curry
- 40 g raw cashews
- 8 eggs
- 15 g ginger sliced into coins
- 20 g fresh turmeric sliced into coins
- 4 cloves garlic
- 200 g brown onion roughly chopped
- 20 g coconut oil
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 25-30 dried curry leaves
- 40 g water
- 400 g diced tomatoes canned
- 100 g cream or coconut cream
- 100 g water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp coconut sugar or rapadura
- 2 big handfuls baby spinach
- Place cashews in mixer bowl. Process 8 seconds/speed 8/MC on. Transfer to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place 1.5L water in mixer bowl. Place eggs in simmering basket and set in place inside bowl. Cook 14 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 4/MC on. Remove basket and set aside. Discard water.
- Place ginger, turmeric and garlic in mixer bowl. Blitz 4 seconds/speed 7/MC on. Scrape down bowl. Repeat.
- Add onions. Chop 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add oil. Saute 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed soft/MC off.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin, coriander, curry leaves and water. Cook 2 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/speed soft/MC off.
- Add tomatoes, cream, salt, sugar, water and cashews. Cook 10 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
- Cook a further 5 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
- Meanwhile, peel and halve the eggs, placing them into a thermal server as you go. Top with spinach then when the curry sauce is cooked, pour it over the eggs and spinach. Combine with a large spoon.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone