This is simple yet delicious, dairy free and so creamy! Best of all – it’s versatile 🙂 I have served it on rice, on pasta, in a dish on it’s own and my favourite – AS A PIE FILLING!! It is the perfect consistency for any of these things.
4 garlic cloves
handful of fresh herbs – basil or parsley are my favourites to use
160g leek, sliced
30g ghee or butter or coconut oil
200g cauliflower, broken in to small florets
170g carrot, peeled, diced
70g parsnip, peeled, diced
70g celery, sliced into moons
70g red capsicum, diced
1 tbsp vegetable stock concentrate
270ml tin coconut cream
140g zucchini, diced
120g corn kernels
100g frozen peas
salt and pepper
1. Place garlic and herbs in mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 7/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Add leek and ghee. Saute for 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
3. Add cauliflower, carrots, parsnip, celery, capsicum, stock paste and coconut cream. Cook for 15 minutes/100/reverse/speed soft/MC on.
4. Taste and season with salt and pepper if required. Add zucchini, corn and peas. Stir to incorporate these ingredients in to the casserole. Cook for 6 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
5. Serve with rice or pasta, or used as a pie filling – you can use a pastry top and bottom, or top with mashed sweet potato.