Amanda

Has anyone tried it with Coconut Milk or Almond milk, rather than milk?

Virginia
    Virginia
    Reply to  Amanda

I made this using rice milk and 2 ‘flax eggs’ to suit our allergy needs and it was amazing! Also used nuttalex for the crumbs on top which turned out a bit less crumbly on the top and a bit more ‘melted in’ but tasted great. Also i only had coconut sugar so used that instead of rapadura.

Ange
    Ange
    Reply to  Amanda

I just made it with homemade coconut/almond, it worked out fine!

Bron

I’ve made this twice now, and while it tastes delicious I can’t seem to get the crumble right. Usually what I end up with is more like a breadcrumb mixture where most of it doesn’t hold together when pinched. I had more success the second time by using butter that was probably colder than first time and cut into larger pieces. Next time I think I’ll try butter straight from the fridge and try adding it in one big chunk if I can get the weight right – maybe even add a little more than the 60g.

Bron
    Reply to  thermobexta

You are a clever, clever lady Bec! I made it again today and gave the crumble an extra 10 seconds on speed 5 and it came together so I could pinch pieces off. Thank you! 😀

Kirsty
    Kirsty

Worked out great. Also used wholemeal spelt flour and coconut sugar instead of rapadura.
    Oats and sultanas instead of almonds as I didn’t have any.
    Amazing!!!!!!!

Kirsty Hunt

OPPS…put the crumble in the middle not the sugar…shouldn’t cook with 3 kids at my feet trying to lick the plates with the crumble on it!!! I’m sure it will still be ok??

Lana
    Lana

WOW! This is amazing and oh so easy to make! Will be passing on to friends 🙂

Nicki
    Nicki

Finally made this for dessert last night and served warm with custard, we all had 2 slices (including fussy child!) … hubby may have raided it again later in the night, does seem to have shrunk! Fantastic cake Bec! Thank you

sandra
    sandra

Thanks Bec, made this cake today and piped some small diced pear in with the cinnamon sugar. Delicious! Light and fluffy, moist inside with a crunchy crumble topping. xo

Penny
    Penny

Enjoyed this cake and very easy to make, would be delicious with some fruit and custard too!

Bek
    Bek

Bec!! You’ve done it again! I just made this and have been declared a “freaking genius”!! It’s sooooo good. I had to make two lots of crumble because I ate the first lot before it could go on the cake. I veganised the recipe by using nuttelex, soy milk and a “flax egg” (flax meal mixed with water). It rose SO MUCH! I was concerned when I put it in the oven that the cake would be too thin, but it doubled in size at least! I also swirled the mix as if I was making a marble cake and… Read more »