These savoury muffins are simple to whip up in your Thermomix! They’re a nutritious, tasty light meal.
An awesome addition to anyone’s lunchbox – child or adult! Also great served straight out of the oven with a side salad.
They are very tasty, super filling and much more nutritious than many other savoury muffins, plus the Thermomix makes light work of whipping up that batter!
How to make these Savoury Muffins in your Thermomix
(Full recipe is below this visual guide)
Just a few steps and these are in the oven. Then it’s just a 15 minute (baking) wait til they’re ready!
After pre-heating the oven to 180C and preparing a muffin tray, blitz cheddar cheese in mixer bowl. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for now.
Next, place red kidney beans, sour cream, butter and eggs in mixer bowl. Blitz to chop and combine thoroughly.
Add red capsicum and chop.
Add flour, corn kernels, tomato paste, baking powder, onion flakes, cumin, garlic granules, salt and most of the cheese. Mix.
Spoon mixture into muffin tray. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes. Magic!
More Great Lunchbox Recipes
I have a great selection of recipes here on the blog and in my cookbooks that are just perfect for lunches and snacks! In fact, I have an entire cookbook dedicated to exactly that. You can find Lunches and Snacks Made Easy here.
Here are some fitting recipes you’ll find here on the blog:
For more thermie inspiration, hints, tips and motivation, come on over and join over 50,000 members in our Facebook group.
You can also find us on Instagram and please tag me there if you make any of my recipes – I really love to see and hear from Bextas!
- 100 g tasty cheese diced 2cm
- 400 g can red kidney beans drained, rinsed
- 100 g sour cream
- 50 g butter
- 4 eggs
- 70 g red capsicum diced 2-3cm
- 120 g unbleached white spelt flour or plain flour or ORGRAN gluten free flour
- 120 g corn kernels
- 60 g tomato paste
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes or 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic granules or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease muffin tins and set aside – I use 2 x 7 hole Tupperware silicon muffin forms, these don’t need any greasing or preparation.
- Place cheese in mixer bowl. Grate 6 seconds/speed 8/MC on. Remove from bowl, set aside.
- Into the bowl, place kidney beans, sour cream, butter and eggs. Blitz 6 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add capsicum. Chop 3 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add flour, corn kernels, tomato paste, baking powder, onion flakes, cumin, garlic granules, salt and 80g of the cheese. Process 15 seconds/speed 3/MC on.
- Spoon mixture into the holes in the muffin tray, dividing evenly between 14 holes. Sprinkle muffins with remaining 20g of grated cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the muffins feel firm when you tap the top. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone